Students Face Houston Weather

Drive+Carefully%21%0ASeen+in+the+photo+was+Princess+Eches+point+of+view+when+driving+to+school.+Seen+through+the+windshield%2C+there+was+rain+due+to+harsh+weather+conditions+at+the+time.+Students+and+guardians+had+to+drive+carefully+to+avoid+the+wet+roads.+I+had+to+drive+slower+than+a+grandma%2C+said+Eche.+
Drive Carefully! Seen in the photo was Princess Eche’s point of view when driving to school. Seen through the windshield, there was rain due to harsh weather conditions at the time. Students and guardians had to drive carefully to avoid the wet roads. “I had to drive slower than a grandma,” said Eche.

Staring the year off, Houston faced many cold fronts and rainy days causing an Arctic blast alert. In response to the harsh weather conditions, Alief, including Kerr, called for a canceled school day and continuous weather watch. On January 16, school was canceled for the district and Kerr students had to catch up on work during the following days. Tests and events were pushed back causing students to adapt to an updated schedule.