Cadre Busts Out Moves

Photo by Yanna Hinojos
Speed Running It: Director Ryan, Junior Camilla Haro, and Sophomore Georgio Tahtouh go over the blocking of a specific scene. They are trying to clarify the blocking of a scene Haro and Tahouh are featuring in before all cadre actors attempt a group dance. “In theatre, to know where we need to stand on the stage, we do this thing called blocking. However, in dire times, we have to speed run them when we need more clarification,” said Sophomore actor and technician Gerogio Tahtouh.

Cadre Kerr begins their week by continuing to block for the play, Into The Woods. This week, however, they are incorporating a scene they haven’t done just yet, where all the actors attempt a group dance. In addition, all singing scenes are still being overlooked by music director, Brian Yeakley. The members who have solo songs are receiving private instruction from Yeakley this week. Last but not least, on Friday, September 8, Cadre will do a sitz probe under Yeakley’s direction in which they will perform all the songs as an ensemble.