Choir Ongoing UIL Competition

Victorious+Day.+Gomez+showcases+her+team+winning+for+Non-Varsity+Choir+UIL.++Gomez+explained+this+UIL+felt+like+a+more+intense+version+of+her+choir+practice.+First+and+last+UIL+and+we+sweeped+that+UIL+clean.+Gomez+said.+
Victorious Day. Gomez showcases her team winning for Non-Varsity Choir UIL. Gomez explained this UIL felt like a more intense version of her choir practice. “First and last UIL and we sweeped that UIL clean.” Gomez said.

Beginning April 2nd, the choir schedule is set for UIL competitions. Tuesday features the non-varsity Tenor-Bass group; Wednesday is reserved for the non-varsity Sopranos and Altos; Thursday brings together the Mixed Varsity Choir, which includes both boys and girls; and Friday divides the varsity sessions, with Tenor-Bass in the morning and Sopranos and Altos in the afternoon. Each school competes for the highest average rating of 1 in the UIL competitions and wins the sweepstakes. “We first stretched/warmed up and then sang our songs. After singing our songs, we went to do sight reading and got all 1’s from the six judges that we sang in front of.” Soprano Gabriella Gomez from the Non-Varsity Girl Choir group said.