10 Questions with Harold Nguyen

Galentine Picnic. A planned hangout to celebrate the Valentine holiday. The session involves a picnic and a home made charcuterie board. “We watched the sunset together.” Nguyen said.

Harold Nguyen is a Junior.

Question: What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

Answer: Something that I enjoy in my free time is model kit building, more specifically Gunpla. It’s a cathartic hobby that lets me relax.

Q: What is a skill or hobby you’ve always wanted to learn?

A: Something that I always wanted to learn was how to do 3D design/art.

Q: What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited, and why did it leave an impression on you? What values are most important to you in your life?

A:  My favorite place that I visited was New York. Although the sights were fun to see,. The most important impression it made on me was the commuting system. Since that city is very packed, it’s very walkable. I also really liked riding the trains.

Q: Is there a particular accomplishment or moment in your life that you’re really proud of?

A: I think an accomplishment that really stuck with me was playing the role of Jesus in the Book of Everything. This was the first significant role I had, and I did quite well.

Q: How do you typically handle challenges or setbacks?

A: Whenever I deal with setbacks or challenges, I always take time to reflect and collect myself. This way, I can come up with a solution for this predicament.

Q: What’s something that people might be surprised to learn about you?

A: Something that people may be shocked about is my love of musicals and the format of musical storytelling. Musicals are typically associated with more eccentric theater kids. But I find them very pleasant to listen to.

Q: If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would it be and why?

A: If I were to have dinner with anyone, it would be grandpa. He passed away before he died, and I want to know the man who raised my dad and the impact he made on my father’s life.

Q: What are your long-term goals or aspirations, both personally and professionally?

Currently, my professional goals are to get to college and get a biomedical engineering degree. My personal goals right now is to set up a road trip with my friends before graduation

Q: What values are most important to you in your life?

A:I think the values that I appreciate the most are honesty and humility.

Q: Can you tell me about a book, movie, or TV show that had an impact on you?

A: A show that left an impact on me was Gurren Laggan. What I got from the show is that no matter what happens in life, if you push yourself, nothing is impossible. This is a very motivating message, and I always think about it when I’m down.