Announcing Choir All Staters Performance

Auspicious Moment. The announcement of Chelsy Odelugo and Ryan Nguyen being recognized as All-Staters marks a point in history for Kerr, as they were the first after almost 25 years. This honor recognizes not only exceptional vocal abilities, but also dedication, hard work, and a strong love of music. Chelsy and Ryan’s success as All-Staters was a result of extensive practice, rehearsals, and skill development. “Kerr Choir sends a huge congratulations to our two All-Staters, Chelsy Odelugo and Ryan Nguyen!” Kerr Choir Official Instagram said.

All-Staters Chelsy Odelugo and Ryan Nguyen will perform for the Texas Music Educators Association in San Antonio on Saturday, February 10. They are Kerr’s first All-Staters, with the previous instance occurring in 1999. The two students would perform on the same day in the CC Stars at Night Ballroom, but at different times depending on their choir group. Odelugo would perform at 2 p.m., and Nguyen would perform at 5 p.m., with each performance lasting approximately 2 to 3 hours.