10 Questions With Adrian Alas

The Big Apple Junior Adrian Alas takes a trip to New York during his Summer break. He also made a visit to Australia to see his family. “I enjoy traveling with my family,” said Alas.

Adrian Alas is a Junior.

1.) What inspired you to pursue your current academic or extracurricular interests?

Watching the jazz band perform at the jazz festival in my freshman year inspired me to audition for the band.

2.) Could you share some of your most memorable experiences during your time at our school so far?

Being able to go to San Antonio with band is a memorable moment for me.

3.) How do you balance academics, extracurricular activities, and your personal life?

Setting a schedule that accommodates my lifestyle is important to balancing my academics and personal life.

4.) What challenges have you encountered, and how have you overcome them in your school journey?

Taking difficult courses such as AP Physics seemed to be a roadblock; however, I got past it by finding people to help me understand it better.

5.) Can you tell us about any upcoming events or projects you’re involved in that our readers should know about?

The band winter concert will be something I look forward to with all three ensembles and two jazz bands performing.

6.) What advice would you give to fellow students looking to excel in your field of interest?

My advice would be to find like-minded people who will help advance you in your journey rather than hurt you.

7.) How do you think your involvement in school activities has contributed to your personal growth?

Involvement in school activities has developed a sense of responsibility in me. I feel like I have to try harder to get better.

8.) Are there any initiatives or changes you’d like to see implemented in our school?

I like the free reign we get at Kerr, so I don’t really have any complaints.

9.) How has your perspective on education evolved during your time here?

I’d love to see a return to the old system of trust and freedom, but I understand why assignment instructions are getting more strict.

10.) What are your future aspirations, and how does your current involvement in school activities align with your long-term goals?

I hope to eventually go to medical school, and so the balance of extracurriculars and academics allows me to feel the pressure a medical student might have.