Region/Honor Choir Announces Audition Results

Regional Results Released. Kerr Choir has released the results regarding those who participated in last Saturdays All-State Region auditions. There is five in Honor Choir, six Treble Choir, and eight Mixed Choir students who have been proceeded to the next round. ““We have six Pre-Are candidates and two alternates auditioning in the next round at the end of November.” Said the official Kerr Choir on Instagram.

The choir announced the results of the regional all-state choir audition of the October 28 audition on October 3o, with 19 of the previous pool of 22 Kerr students moving on to the region audition after completing the all-state process.

The 19 Kerr students will be moving forward to the next audition at the end of November, with no exact date being announced. 

The 19 advancing Kerr students are divided into three categories: Honor Choir, Treble Choir, and Mixed Choir, with six being Pre- Are candidates. Honor Choir students are as follows: Brendan Hoang, Tycoon Griner, and Kevin Huynh in Alto 1; Ashlyn Yencle and Hajrah Osman in Bass 1. 

For Treble Choir, the students are as follows: Julissa Fernandez, Belen Peraza, and Katheryne Chov in Soprano 2; Olivia Nguyen, Chelsey Doan, and Africa Qhamata in Alto 1.

The students are as follows for Mixed Choir: Chelsey Odelugo (Soprano 1, 2nd Chair), Jasmine Nguyen (Alto 1), Adam Smart (Tenor 1, 1st Chair), Adeola Alayande (Tenor 1, 9th Chair), Usi Dapo (Tenor 1, 14th Chair), David Ola-Keji (Bass 1, 7th Chair), Ryan Nguyen (Bass 2, 1st Chair) and Calvin Nguyen (Bass 2).