22 Advance in State Choir Auditions

Photo by Kerr Choir
Choir Audition Results. 22 students have been announced to be advancing to the regional auditions.

Choir announced the results of the All-State Choir audition on October 2 with 22 Kerr students moving on to the Region audition after completing the All-State process.

Each fall, over 70,000 high school students in Texas begin the All-State audition process. During the annual TMEA Clinic/Convention, 1,810 people are chosen to participate in one of 18 Texas All-State ensembles, including four choirs: Mixed Choir, Treble Choir, Tenor-Bass Choir, and Small School Mixed Choir.

The 22 Kerr students will be moving forward to the next audition on October 28.

The 22 singers that have advanced are Chelsey Odelugo (4th chair), Lily Tran in Soprano 1; Katheryne Chov, Julissa Fernandez (7th chair), and Belen Peraza(13th chair) in Soprano 2; Chelsey Doan (12th chair), Olivia Nguyen, Jasmine Nguyen (13th chair), and Africa Qhamata in Alto 1; Adeola Alayande (13th chair), Usi Dapo (10th chair), Megan Doucet, Andrew Gonzales, Adam Smart (2nd chair) in Tenor 1; David Ola-Keji and Andy Van in Bass 1; Tinh Ho (14th chair) and Steven Nguyen in Tenor 2; Teyonte Hill (13th chair), Marcos Martinez, Calvin Nguyen, and Ryan Nguyen (5th chair) in Bass 2.