Cadre Decorates Set For ‘Into The Woods’

Photo by Olivia Nguyen
A Platform To Perform: Freshman Set crew member Ky Duong builds a platform from scratch. Duong is trying his best to make sure all corners of the platform are right angle and the rest of the measurements are precise to avoid any structural mistakes in the future. “Thought it is fun to make things from scratch, I have to be precise so no one gets hurt because of what I made,” Duong said.

Cadre begins this week by finishing up blocking for Act Two of Into the Woods. The tech crew is 50 percent done, the set crew is starting to decorate the set while finishing up the skeletons for the play, the costume crew is continuing big costume projects, and the publicity crew is making commercials, posters, and ticket designs. Actors are expected to have memorized lines and music of the first act by this weekend for Theatre-a-Thon. This Saturday, September 23, they are holding Theatre-a-Thon which is a workday that starts from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. and goes on to Sunday, September 24. This is when they get the most work done for the play. The first six hours are mandatory, however, the last six hours are not. During those last six hours on Sunday, September 24, they spend their time bonding as a troupe.