Generation Texas hosts video contest Nov. 18-22

Generation Texas (GenTX) will be having a video contest from Monday, November 18 to Friday, November 22, Students are expected to record a two -to three-minutes video showing how a challenge they experienced in high school will help them succeed in college.

Students who wish to participate must fill out an online video entry form by November 22, 12 PM (CST).

The form entry can be found at: http://gentx.org/takethechallenge/online-video-entry-form/the-form/.

The top five videos will be uploaded to YouTube for official voting on Thursday, December 5, and the winner will be announced on Friday, December 6. The top video will receive a $1500 scholarship (which is only viable to seniors, while freshmen, sophomores and juniors are eligible for a $1500 prize).

During the contest period, the school with the most college applications submitted through ApplyTexas.org will be awarded $1000.

The video entry form will also ask students to nominate a teacher. The ten teachers with the most nominations will be featured on the GenTX website and receive a T-shirt.

For more information on rules and guidelines, students can go to: www.GenTX.org/TakeTheChallenge.