Academic meet brings awards

The University Interscholastic League District Academic Meet was held March 22-26 at B.F Terry High School and George Ranch High School. Many students at Kerr placed at many events.

Sergio Oquendo won first place in accounting and the team placed second.

Jake Lam placed second in calculator applications, and the team overall earned second place as well.

In current issues, Mohit Agarwal placed fourth, Silvia Chicas placed fifth and Ayesha Malik placed sixth. The team for current issues placed second.

In computer applications Bao Trinh placed second and Dillion Phung placed fourth.

Joe Do was first in computer science and the team was second.

Tuong Phi Le placed second in editorial writing.

Joanna Arias placed first in headline writing.

Julie Nguyen placed second in literary critcism and the team for literary criticism took first.

In mathematics Jake Lam placed third and Joshua Cadungog placed fifth. The mathematics team was second.

Jake Lam took third in number sense.

Aja Bryant placed third in news writing.

In science, Lynda Chowdhury earned the top score in biology, and Jake Lam took first in chemistry and first in physics. Lam was second overall and Du Pham placed third. The team placed second overall.

In social studies Joshua Cadungog placed third and Lynda Chowdhury placed sixth. Overall the social studies team earned second place.

The teams and individuals will advance to regional competition April 15 and 16 in Huntsville.