Speech and Debate Practices for Cities

Speaking+Up%0ASophomore+Leah+Ghebrelul+practices+her+fluency+and+articulation+during+an+after+school+debate+meeting+in+room+531.+As+a+fourth+year+debater%2C+using+drills+to+perfect+her+speaking+style+is+advantageous+in+competitions.+I+like+to+practice+from+the+basics+because+it+allows+me+to+remember+crucial+skills%2C+Ghebrelul+said.+
Speaking Up Sophomore Leah Ghebrelul practices her fluency and articulation during an after school debate meeting in room 531. As a fourth year debater, using drills to perfect her speaking style is advantageous in competitions. “I like to practice from the basics because it allows me to remember crucial skills,” Ghebrelul said.

On February 20, speech and debate members met after school in the debate room to hold practice impromptu rounds before city championships on March 2. World Schools competitors debated one another in room 531 after hearing general club notes in the debate room. On the other hand, Congress entries prepared for National Qualifiers in room 411. With another general meeting coming up on Thursday, debaters continue to prepare for their tournaments.