Student Council’s Plans for January

Don’t let the balloon drop! In this balloon game, the members’ hands were interlocked to keep them from stopping the balloon from touching the floor with their hands. Using any other body part, members were required to jump, scream, and kick to keep the balloon floating. “The ice breakers were fun to participate in, and it allowed me to be comfortable with the people around me the rest of the meeting,” Student Council member Kunmi Oboh said.

STUCO held its General Meeting on January 9 to greet members back from the winter break. As members filled the cafeteria after school, the STUCO officers quickly presented their plans and events including point and volunteer opportunities. Shortly afterward, members gathered around each other in groups to engage in a fun icebreaker to start the meeting off lively. To end the meeting strong, members were able to decorate birthday letters for teachers or participate in Blood Donor Month and/or National Glaucoma Awareness Month by spreading facts. Members left the cafeteria looking forward to the next general meeting on February 13.