10 Questions With Namra Naveed

Namra+Naveed+is+a+Junior+at+Kerr+High+School.+She+is+a+very+hardworking+student+who+balances+APUSH+and+PRE+CAL+in+the+spring+semester.+My+courses+last+semester+was+really+tough%2C+as+I+had+to+balance+AP+Physics%2C+APUSH%2C+and+AP3.+It+was+difficult+as+all+classes+required+a+lot+of+time+and+effort.+I+needed+to+make+sure+that+I+was+not+procrastinating+and+doing+all+my+work+on+time.+

Namra Naveed is a Junior at Kerr High School. She is a very hardworking student who balances APUSH and PRE CAL in the spring semester. “My courses last semester was really tough, as I had to balance AP Physics, APUSH, and AP3. It was difficult as all classes required a lot of time and effort. I needed to make sure that I was not procrastinating and doing all my work on time.

Namra Naveed is a junior. 

Q: What is one topic you can talk about for 30 minutes?

A: I love reading, I can talk about it for hours. It is definitely something I do in my free time.

Q: What clubs are you a part of? 

A: I am part of MSA, Desi Club, and NHS.

Q: What attracted Kerr to you?

A: I was attracted to Kerr, after my visit at the school during my 8th grade year. During the tour of the school, I was very pleased with the amount of freedom students at Kerr had. I don’t necessarily mean roaming the hallways, but more of the fact that they had more freedom regarding academics and electives – basically their school life. Many high schools have course paths, which sort of dictate what classes a student should take depending on their choice of profession (which could change at any moment). This was quite different at Kerr, where we were free to choose whichever class we desired – some classes are necessary to graduate. While doing the tour the centers also seemed very interesting, with each teacher assisting/supervising many different courses/classes at the same time. This was very strange and unique to me. I also witnessed many students conversing and not working on their assignments – due to their PAKS. This showed me that Kerr offered freedom regarding different aspects of school life, and allowed students to make their own choices.

Q: What types of difficulties have you faced while being a student at Kerr?

A: Difficulties I’ve faced while being a student at Kerr is keeping a high self esteem, and balancing my school and life outside of school. I was buried to deep in my desire to become better academically, my life started to become dull. I began to lose time and energy for other things, including sleep. I also felt that a source of excitement has also left; this desire caused many difficulties to arise in my life, though it probably occurred due to my execution of it.

Q: What are some activities that you enjoy doing outside of school?

A: Outside of school, I enjoy spending time with my family – which would include spending time with siblings by playing games with them, and/or watching tv-shows and movies with my family. I also enjoy reading and sketching.

Q: Do you have any advice for upcoming juniors?

A: My advice for upcoming juniors would be to take classes that they can handle – to not take classes just for their GPA. I would also advise them to put more emphasis on their health [and happiness] than on their grades. However, they should not neglect their assignments; they should create a balance between their life within and outside of school.

Q: Would you recommend 8th grade students to come to Kerr? Why, or why not?

A: I would recommend 8th grade students to come to Kerr, only if they believe that they can handle the course load, and are willing to put the effort and time that the course work takes. Kerr is a great school to improve one’s social skills, as well as gain some experience regarding how the college works.

Q: What profession would you like to go into?

A: The profession I would like to go into Cardiology.

Q: Who is the first person you go to, when you want to share a good news?

A: The first person I go to when I want to share good news is either my sister or my mom.

Q: Where do you see yourself in the future?

A: I would like to see myself happy in the future, and in a peaceful position in my life, no matter what I would be doing either in school or in the “real world.”