FBLA District results

Kerr Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) did well at the 2011 FBLA District Competition, according to sponsor Doris Curry. The competition was held at Cypress Ridge High School on February 11. Thirty-nine FBLA members attended.

FBLA members are required to attend the district competition in order to be allowed to compete in the state competitions, to be held in San Antonio on March 31. Contestants did not have to win an event to go to state level, but they will be required to place in order to advance to the national level.

Students competed in 45 business-related categories. The chapter as a whole placed first in the Community Service, Local Chapter Business Report, and Battle of the Chapters events.

As for individual events, Mohit Agarwal and Jim Luu placed first in Banking and Finance, and Agarwal also took third in Introduction to Parliamentary Procedures.

Mohini Agarwal, Jessica Huynh, and David Vien took fourth place for Business Presentation Scrapbook. Muskan Agarwal placed third in Business Calculations. 

Adam Agha took fifth place in Introduction to Business Communications.

Thanh Au took second place in Word Processing II. Raymond Chiu took second place for Sports Management.

Jignesh Desai took first place in Sports Management. Aaron Giang took second place for Technology Concepts.

Jesse Ho won first place in Business Procedure.

Jake Lam, Phoi Le, Julie Nguyen, and Afolabi Olatunji-Ojo won first place in the Battle of the Chapters, and Nguyen also won first place in Hospitality Management.

Olatunji-Ojo took second place in Personal Finance, and Lam took fourth place in Business Law. Kevin Le took fifth place in Business Law.

Jenny Lee took fifth place in Introduction to Business.

Andrew Nguyen took third place in Business Procedure.

Du Pham took fourth place in Business Communication.

Anh Phan took fifth place in Accounting I.

Aayana Shamsi took second place in Spreadsheet.

Angela Shim took third place in marketing.

Bao Trinh took third place in Marketing, and Lupita Villanueva took second place in Business Procedure.

View Comments (1)
$120
$600