Memorial services scheduled for Jorge Cavazos

District Instructional Technology specialist Jorge Cavazos passed away last week.

He was an Alief teacher and technology specialist on several campuses before moving to the administration building.

Family visitation will be Friday, September 15, from 5 to 6 PM, followed by visitation from 6 to 7 PM and a Vigil from 7 to 8 PM at St. Theresa Catholic Church, 705 St. Theresa Blvd., Sugar Land. The Memorial and Funeral Litugy will be Saturday, September 16, at 11 AM at the church. A memorial luncheon will follow at TE Harmon Center, 226 Matlage Way, Sugar Land.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Camp Kappe Youth Retreat Center, Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston c/o Office of Adolescent Catechesis and Evangelization (OACE). In check the memo note: In memory of Jorge Cavazos, 2403 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77021

The “Aidan” Fund, named for his young son, was started by Alief ISD employees to honor Cavazos. Anyone who would like to make contributions to the fund can give it to Kathy Jahn of the Instruction Department, Pam Lowe of Digital Learning, or Kimberly Staton, secretary of Digital Learning.

A memory book is also available for signing. Those who want to write a note, the memory book will be located on Stanton’s desk in the Instruction Department. 8.5 x 11 sheet memories and notes can also be sent by interoffice mail to Stanton.

Both the contributions and memory book will be given to Aidan.