Band students to perform at Carnegie Hall

Julian Trinidad (trombone) and Matthew Davis (trumpet) have earned finalist spots in the Honors Performance Series Band at Carnegie Hall in New York City. These talented students competed against over 20,000 other applicants from over 15 countries across the world including 49 US states, Guam, four provinces of Canada, Armenia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, Oman, the Philippines, Qatar, South Korea, and the United Arab Emirates.

They will be performing at Carnegie Hall on February 7. Davis and Trinidad will get to attend this event and perform on the stage at Carnegie hall, but their trip will include many other stunning opportunities such as seeing a Broadway show, touring the 9/11 monument, seeing the Statue of Liberty, touring Lincoln Center, viewing the city from the top of Rockefeller Center, and more.The school district has agreed to pay all the expenses of the trip.

In addition to the Carnegie Trip, Julian Trinidad and Jan Escanan have both earned finalist spots in the TMEA Region 23 Honor Band. This is a competition against all students from Katy ISD, Alief ISD, and the entire west side of HISD. They will be performing with the honor band on January 16.