FBLA State wins big at the annual State Leadership Conference

From March 13 to 15, sixty-three FBLA students competed at the State Leadership Conference in Corpus Christi against students from all over the state of Texas. Out of the sixty-three Kerr students that attended, there were 32 that placed in the top 5 in their events. Sixteen students qualified for the National Leadership Conference in Nashville, Tennessee, which is a competition against students from across the United States. Results are as follows:

Seniors Tony Huynh, Abhishek Mukund, and David Oquendo placed first in the Management Decision Making team event and qualified for nationals.

Sophomore Hong Nguyen placed first in FBLA Principles and Procedures and qualified for nationals.

Juniors Alex Pham and Tri Pham placed first in Cyber Security and Insurance and Risk Management, respectively. Both qualified for nationals.

Seniors Jason Nguyen and Jesus Hidalgo placed second in Cyber Security and Help Desk, respectively, and qualified for nationals.

Senior Sumaiya Asif placed third in Computer Applications and qualified for nationals.

Senior Jesus Escobar placed third in AgriBusiness and qualified for nationals.

Senior Tony Luu placed third in Accounting II and qualified for nationals.

Senior Ricky Tran placed third in Computer Problem Solving and qualified for nationals.

Seniors Masaki Isago and Brandon Vu placed third in the team event Computer Gaming and Simulation and qualified for nationals.

Juniors Aarongeorgeson Fung and Thanh Le placed third in Business Law and Business Procedures, respectively. Both qualified for nationals.

Seniors Peter Duong, Christian Galang, and Michelle Thai placed fourth in Digital Video Production and are the first alternates for nationals.

Senior Jenelle Estrada placed fourth in Economics, and she is the first alternate for nationals.

Junior Van Luong placed fourth in the individual E-Business event; she is the first alternate for nationals.

Juniors My Quan and Jennifer Tong placed fourth in the E-Business team event. They are the first alternates for nationals.

Seniors Marc Parra and Michael Quach placed fifth in Sports and Entertainment Management.

Senior Aalok Tripathi placed fifth in Personal Finance.

Sophomore Vy Hoang and Junior Son Doan placed fifth in Global Business. 

Juniors Katherine Ngo and Kaitlynn Nguyen placed fifth in Hospitality Management.

Junior Lam Nguyen placed fifth in Public Speaking II. 

Sophomore Jimmy Oquendo placed fifth in Introduction to Parliamentary Procedure.

Congratulations to everyone that competed and to everyone that advanced to nationals.